Thursday 27 February 2020

Words hurt


A few weeks ago, I was in Old Navy and I heard a woman say, in a VERY nasty tone "WHY WOULD *I* WANT TO HOLD IT??" . The store was nearly empty and she was loud. A few seconds later, she came whipping past me followed by a little boy, maybe 4 years old. He was holding something in his arms. I smiled at him as he passed and he smiled at me, next thing you know, the mom comes whipping back around grabs him hard by the arm and starts in a mean voice " I DON'T KNOW WHY I EVER TRY TO TAKE YOU ANYWHERE! WHY DID I THINK I COULD BRING YOU HERE?" And SO ON... Parents...your children did not ask to be born to you. Your words will have long lasting effects on your children and their self-images. Just be the damn grown-up and drop your ego by the wayside, FFS. They will be gone from your life soon enough, just fricking enjoy them, PLEASE! And stop saying mean shit to your kids! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/32yJGvX

No comments:

Post a Comment