Wednesday 26 February 2020

How do you keep it together/Need to Vent


At home, 4pm, just waiting for husband to come home so I can vent to him and he’s sick of it. I have a 3.5 yo and 7mo, and we’re at the tail end of a home renovation. Workers coming in everyday getting powder thin dust and dirt everywhere and my baby just started crawling. Even in the areas they aren’t working I can’t keep the house clean. Clean and dirty laundry is covering our bedroom floor in baskets or strewn about, and no matter how often I load the dishwasher the sink is always full of dishes. The countertops and floor are a constant mess. My husband is probably tired of a wife who can’t handle it and then complains every night. I have nowhere to put coats or toys because all of our built-ins and closets aren’t finished yet but my husband wants to build them himself in the time we just don’t have (I would like him to build them as well but it’s not very realistic and he says I’m the reason he doesn’t work on them - because I want him around for me and the kiddos)I like to pretend I have it together but I am literally at my wits end and my kids feel it. I’m getting angry at them and just want to quit. In many ways I’ve already given up. V Both kids are watching My Little Pony! I never let my first watch tv and I don’t intend to let the baby but tv is on and she is here...I’m wondering how other parents keep their sh** together. I am honestly done with it all. I’d like to hire a housekeeper but I’m probably just too embarrassed/proud to. And it’s not like they do that kind of work anyway. Or I’d love to have a nanny but I love my kids and would love to just watch and interact and just do the easy or needy parts.This is prob not making sense at this point but I would really like some good advice or constructive criticism. How are you a good parent when you don’t have anything “together.” via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2T1ZvYT

No comments:

Post a Comment