Thursday 27 February 2020

Why parenting is the worst and best thing ever!


Situation with my toddler this morning which reminded me how hard parenting can be but also how great it is as well.Almost three year old son wanted to take his socks off his feet, put them in his hands and eat breakfast that way. Gross, no way, throws a fit and eventually gets over it.After breakfast he puts his socks on his hand anyways. Whatever dude, just let me get ready as long as you don’t put them in your mouth. 10 minutes later he runs to the bathroom to go and cannot get his socks off his hands in time and had an accident in his pants.I’m frustrated as of course we are already late and now I need to get clean clothes and clean up pee from the bathroom floor.Now the good part I have a talk with him and tell him to ask for help with going potty if he needs to. I told him he’s been doing so good with going potty on his own but he can ask for help if he needs it. Aka when you have socks on your hands like gloves.He gives me a huge hug says “sorry” and then says “love you daddy” unprompted. Instantly makes my frustration go away as it’s not that big of a deal and reminds me how important it is to tell your kids you love them. We tell our boys all the time that we love them but it makes me feel even better when they say it to us first, not just repeating it back to us.I gave him a huge hug, double high fives and have had a pretty great day since then. There’s bigger things to worry about than getting frustrated by a small accident and there’s always time to tell your kids you love them. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2I73VaB

No comments:

Post a Comment