Wednesday 26 February 2020

A schedule that keeps me sane?


Hi everyone!LO is 4 days old. We were getting about 3 to sometimes even 4 hours between feeds. He was breast fed as much as I could (no milk very little colostrum) then supplemented with formula.Now my supply has come in and I'm pumping about 1.5oz and topping off with formula if he needs more. The nurse wants us to go on a 3 hour day schedule and 4 hour night schedule. Except LO has been waking every 2 hours hungry. So, of course I'm going to feed him.But now that we are up every 2 hours we are getting no sleep! Part of that 2 hours is me pumping milk for 20 minutes then another 5 to sanitize the parts to prepare for next pump session. So I'm getting maybe 1.5 hours of sleep in between. I'm going crazy. Is this 2 hour wake up normal?Also, is it okay if he doesnt always burp? I've tried repositioning, football, shoulder, knee, laying down, bicycle kicks etc and sometimes no burp at all and I've spent my 2 hours burping him and hes awake for the next feed 😭If it matters I'm bottle feeding him all his meals breast and formula because he is super congested and being on the boob is so hard for him to breath. So, hopefully when that clears up we can go to a mixture of boob and bottleThanks! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2T3vnMV

No comments:

Post a Comment