Friday 28 February 2020

Birthday invitation gone wrong.


I am friendly with one of the moms at my child's school. She invited us to a movie on the actual birthday of one of her youngest. There is a movie theater really close to both our houses and she mentioned taking the kids there. A few days later I got a text from her with a more formal invitation, the name of the movie, the time and the names of the kids that were attanding. My kid was excited as they are good friends.On the day of, we get ready, and go. My child is super cranky, but I feel like we have already committed to this activity and practically carry him part of the way.We arrive at the movie theater and there is no sign of the party. After some frantic texting it turns out that the woman who invited us took her kids to the movie theater across town, the furthest possible location from where we are currently and impossible to make to without missing half the movie. She did not at any point mention it while texting me the night before or in the morning of. I let her know which theater we are at only to get a very non chalant response "Oh, my kids will be very disappointed they didn't get to see your son".Like WTF lady? What about actually providing the right address? Or at least the name of the movie theater. What about recognizing that we went out of our way to make your kids birthday special and now I to deal with a moody kid that wants to know where his friends are?I'm annoyed. And I don't want to go the polite civil route. So I just ignored her last text.I don't think it was mean hearted or intentional. However as far as communication goes, this was a major gaffe. What hurt me and yes, I am hurt, was the disregard to consequences for son and I. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2vsdsqf

No comments:

Post a Comment