Saturday 29 February 2020

My son is shifting focus towards something in left field. Should I talk him out of it?


My son, 25, had a tough time getting through his college career but was able to finish out and graduate with a technology degree two months ago. I’m extremely proud of his accomplishment. He found a technology job in the heart of the city making very good money. So a weight has been lifted off my shoulder because now I know he can support himself and begin saving up for a good retirement.Two nights ago he sat my wife and I down to talk to us about being unhappy with where he was in life and that the only reason why he finished college was to make us happy. Wife teared up a bit because no parent wants their child to be unhappy.He mentioned to us that he wants to make a career in music and that’s what he does starting at 4am in the morning. Goes to his 9-5 then comes home to work on it some more for several hours just to do it again the next day. He lives on his own so we do what him to live his own life. We are just worried that he might me reaching for something that isn’t very realistic.Advice? We simply want the kid to be happy. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2TeN5NH

No comments:

Post a Comment