Wednesday 26 February 2020

How do your teenagers find time to work with the amount of time school, homework, and extracurrciulars take away?


My oldest is away at college and did not work during high school. We were okay with it. We wanted him to stay focused on school and didn't want him to overwork himself. He considered getting a job senior year but he played sports throughout the school year and he couldn't find a place willing to work with his schedule.My middle is a junior in high school and I would like him to get a job instead of having to ask us for spending money. He does chores but we don't give allowance for chores. The problem is that I don't know how he would fit in the time. He is part of an academic team and an athletic team so even on days without games or meets he doesn't get home until around dinner time and then he has a couple of hours of homework before bed.I am a big believer that jobs teach you so many things you can't learn elsewhere but I don't know how kids are able to fit everything in. He is thinking about waiting until the summer. My oldest was able to get a summer job before going away to college and still works there on his school breaks but even that is hard to find because managers prefer staff they can keep year round. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2uuGgOe

No comments:

Post a Comment