Friday 28 February 2020

I absolutely love my children. But I am so goddamn bored.


I have been married for 20 plus years. My wife and I have six children, four of them still live at home. Two older swans are 19 and 17 years old, the two little ones are girls we adopted 3 years ago there are 6 and 8. They are the absolute love of my life. My world revolves around them.We moved to a new state 3 years ago to get away from my wife's overbearing family. A fresh start for all of us. So we have no family / friends for support around here. To make up for that my wife has to work opposite shift from me. I work straight days Monday through Friday with weekends off. She works for 10 hour afternoon shift. Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday.Our routine is pretty set. I pick the kids up after school, bring them home and make dinner, do homework, showers and baths, clothes ready for the next day. Everything. Put them in bed. Most days I get him up in the morning and drop them off at school on the way home to let her sleep in because she doesn't get home till after midnight most nights.Weekends are pretty much left up to me also. My wife has to go to work at noon. I usually try to find something entertaining for us to do. Hiking, shopping, walking on the greenway, Museum zoos.I'm busy, but not exhausted... But at the same time I am so bored. At the end of the day when the kids are in bed I have absolutely nothing to do. I don't have a hobby, I don't have any friends that I can call or socialize with or go hang out with. I end up sitting around flipping channels on the TV. Hell, tonight I watched two hours of videos from 1980s on MTV. I'm just so fucking vanilla it's not even funny.I'm not fixing or molting or complaining, maybe I'm just venting. I just wish I had something to fucking do to entertain myself.Anyone else like this? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/399rls5

No comments:

Post a Comment