Wednesday 26 February 2020

Dads of reddit, is this normal?


Posting on my throwaway acct.I'm tired. We have 4 young kids. I feel like I do everything. I work nights part time. I do all the cleaning, all the scheduling, all the cooking, all the morning and bedtimes. I play, I read, I interact, I have to even get my husband motivated to do any family or sports activity. He goes to work then comes home and plays video games. Sometimes if I am at my breaking point and need a breather I will take a 'poo' (sit in the bathroom and destress for 15 mins) and I will come out to utter chaos and him staring at his phone screen. Babies crying for milk big kids fighting and he doesn't hear it or see any of it. Our house is not going to be Architects Digest but its clean and tidy enough that if a stranger came over they could come into any room and I wouldn't be embarrassed at all. No clutter and messes are quickly cleaned. I am constantly picking up random clothing articles or dishes my husband leaves around. I have a home cooked dinner at the same time each night, he will eat say thanks then go back to his video games until he goes to bed.I dont think I'm A type, and when he has ever helped in the past by putting his dishes in the washer or making the bed I have told him how much I appreciate it. I dont nag him. After 8 years and 4 children I think I may have accidentally trained him in a sense to not do anything? Or maybe something else?I love my husband very much and I dont want to say or do anything to hurt him but at this point I'm burning both ends of the candle. If he cant help me with children I need him to atleast be my husband. Not married to videos and his phone.Normal? Somewhere in between or not? Advice? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/3948Bdo

No comments:

Post a Comment