Friday 28 February 2020

8 year old refusing to go to dad's house


I posted a couple of weeks ago about my daughter who wets the bed but my ex won't allow her to wear the sleep pullups to bed. He even lied and said she could the last time he had visitation, then took them away and wouldn't let her.So when it was close to the next visitation weekend, I texted him to let him know she didn't want to go. He finally responded, saying that's fine and he wasn't going to force her to do something she doesn't want to do and he'd call her the next morning, but that he had the weekend planned and was busy. I do not know why he mentioned that and I didn't ask. Nor did he question why she didn't want to go. I replied and explained why she didn't want to go. He as usual didn't respond and didn't call.When we got divorced he quit acknowledging our two grown children and then later stopped talking to our 16 year old, despite them all begging him to talk to them. Now he only sees the 8 year old every other weekend, won't go to any of her school functions or athletic events, never calls her. There's no court ordered visitation, he just gets her on whatever schedule I offer. I settled on the typical every-other-weekend but reminded him all the time he can always get her during the week any time he wants. I used to try and encourage him to talk to the kids, even texting them every few days "how are you doing" is better than nothing, blah blah blah he just ignores it. I'm done. We are both adults and I feel stupid that I chose to have kids with him, I don't know what happened to him, and he every single day hurts 3 of my kids by pretending they don't exist and I know my youngest is next.My question is when my daughter says she doesn't want to go on his weekends, do you think I'm right to just say ok and let him know? Should I continue encouraging him? I'm just drained by all this. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2I8ePNi

No comments:

Post a Comment