Saturday 29 February 2020

The struggle is real.


Do you ever get that feeling that you are being watched? Well I woke up with that feeling looked up and my child was silently standing over me staring at me. It scared me and I jumped, I am convinced he is secretly taking ninja classes. I feel so bad because I scared him when I jumped. This particular child is my 13 year old cognitively disabled baby who is nonverbal, he is also over 6 ft tall. Well my poor baby came in to tell me he lost his stuffed animal and cannot sleep. I spent an hour searching for that stuffed animal and found it on top of the refrigerator ( I have no frickin clue why it was there). Anyways I am 4'9 so I had to climb the counters to get my baby's stuffed animal, finally got it, and the boy has fallen asleep on the couch in a fetal position with the dogs curled around him. I now have the choice of waking him up and taking the chance that he will not go back to sleep or covering him and sleeping in the living room myself in case he has a seizure. I also have to figure out why his bed alarm didn't go off when he got up. We finally got to the point that our baby daughter will sleep thru the night and now I'm up with the teenager. This is life. I shall never get a full night's sleep. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/3codpwr

No comments:

Post a Comment