Tuesday 25 February 2020

I envy those who enjoy parenthood.


My husband and I have a 3 year old. By all accounts we have an easy kid. She sleeps through the night, been out of diapers since before 2, gets herself dressed independently, plays well by herself and with others, has been completely healthy other than the odd cold or sniffles.I recognize how fortunate we are to have such a healthy, mostly well behaved kid (although we’ve worked really hard with the behaviour part). I just hate parenting. I feel like I made a mistake jumping into parenthood. I would be much more suited to being “the fun aunt”.I will say that she is so loved, I do love her, my husband loves her, she is well taken care of, and we interact with her a lot.I still hate being a mom. It is getting better as she gets older, I’m hoping it continues to get better. I hate this crushing responsibility of being completely responsible for another human being. It’s awful. I don’t want to do it.I will, I will raise her the best I can, and she will hopefully not know how much I hate being a parent, though i sincerely hope that I do enjoy it more as she grows up. I will say it sucks a lot less now than it did 3 years ago, I’m hoping that trend will continue and we can move into enjoyment.I just envy those who savour parenthood, who seem meant to be a mom/dad, those who genuinely enjoy parenthood (most of the time)I’m so thankful my husband is okay with ditching the original plan of 2-3 kids and sticking with 1. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/3951fX2

No comments:

Post a Comment