Saturday 29 February 2020

Husband keeps delaying on when to have baby #2


I’m hoping I can get a little advice on this as I feel like I’m going crazy. My husband and I have a wonderful almost 2 year old son who is our world! We’ve always planned on having at least two kids and the itch started creeping in for me around Thanksgiving. I saw my son playing with his cousins and I wanted him to have that at home too. We decided to hold off until after the holidays and start trying after the new year.Well, that came and went until finally I asked my husband if he wanted to start trying. My husband is a pretty pragmatic guy and did the whole let’s look at the finances and then see thing. After doing that, we talked and he told me he thinks we should wait another year, minimum. Pay off the credit card and the car first and then go from there.I was completely crushed. I really thought we were on the same page with things. I know he’s 100% right in being financially responsible, and I know it’s the smart thing. But I just can’t seem to reconcile that with my heart. I was so sure the time was right. He’s told me that he just wants to be prepared this time (we got pregnant very quickly with our son). But I’ve always felt like you’re never truly prepared and if you try to plan it like that it won’t ever happen.Does anyone have experience with this? I’m having a rough time dealing with the fact that I have massive baby fever. On top of that, I feel like a terrible mom because no matter how much I focus on my son I can’t seem to not think about having another child. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/38g1PjG

No comments:

Post a Comment