Friday 28 February 2020

How to get help for my suspected autistic baby?


Hi all. My fourth and youngest child is 16 months old. I have always known he was a little different. As a newborn he never cried and slept through the night almost instantly. My family and I are now noticing some “quirks” he has.He is distant and in his own world. Even though I spend every waking moment with him he won’t respond to me or seek me. He doesn’t notice if someone else is looking after him.He is starting to walk but he never crawled. He doesn’t like having his hands on the ground. He walks on his tip toes.He hasn’t said anything close to a word yet.He will ball/scrunch up his hands repeatedlyHe has to touch a room before entering it.He only eats smooth porridge and yoghurt. He HATES eatingI had a health visitor come and she said they will give him a hearing test. My son does react to noises and I think a hearing problem wouldn’t account for his lack of interest in people. I just think it is autism but no one will help me. My niece’s boyfriend is an ABA tutor but the youngest he has worked with is 3 so I don’t know if he could help us, they also live 2 hrs away. I just really want the earliest intervention possible because it’s clear something is off. Any advice very appreciated. Thank you via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2T8kvxp

No comments:

Post a Comment