Sunday 31 March 2019

The nerves on that girl, im kinda proud.


I'm 27w pregnant and jump scare really easily. As a precaution, we made a "no jump scare" rule just for the pregnancy.Just as I'm entering my 5yo room, I see her under the bed. I remind her of the rule, that it can be dangerous for the baby. I already told her like 5 times today but, you know, she just a child. Forgetting rules is in her job description :pAnyway, I go to the bathroom, come back and.... She's hiding. I get a little mad and says if she can't respect the security of the baby, I won't respect her bedtime story time.I close her door, she's mad, toss and turn in her bed to letting us know she is, then she start fake-crying.. the whole thing.Eventually, she start SCREAMING that it's not fair. That's were the hormones kicks in and burst in her room and I tell her that she knows it's dangerous to scare me, that I told her just a minute before that it was and she still hid. I think is was only fair that her bedtime story privileged was revoked for the night. I slam the door and go calm down in my room.I don't usually scream but I'm only human and sometimes it happens. When it does, I wait till everyone calms down and go back to her to explain calmly my point while saying that nothing can justify screaming and it was not ok for me to do it. I need her to know she is worth more than that, you know...Well... 10-15 minutes goes by, I'm still pretty pissed and there's no sound coming from her bedroom so I guess she's sleeping. As I'm deciding to just talk with her in the morning, she comes in my room, kindly saying something along the lines of " I'm sorry but I think you should now apologize for screaming"I was FUMING. The nerves on the little girl!!! I just told her to go back to her room. Now that I've cried my anger out....IM JUST SO PROUD TO SEE THAT SHE KNOWS WHAT KIND OF TREATMENT SHE DESERVE AND THAT SHE IS NOT AFFRAID TO ASK THE RESPECT SHE IS WORTH! :)TL;dr: Taught my 5yo to stand up for what she deserves, it came running back at me when I punished her for trying to jump scare me while pregnant. Bitter sweet proudness right here. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2TNQ5xk

No comments:

Post a Comment