Saturday 30 March 2019

Just gonna brag about my kid for a sec, feel free to join!


My son is 6, in kindergarten, and he has adhd. He's been on meds for maybe 5 months now, and although it's still a work in progress, I'm super proud of him. He has learned so much this year. The important stuff, math and spelling/reading. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm over the moon that he's engaging with his education and able to focus and really learn. He's had some behavioral hiccups at school, but he's improving there too.It's just a massive relief to me. I'm not very focused on grades, but i place a huge amount of importance on the process of learning, and being able to use the things he's learned. I know it's a struggle for him to focus, and that worries me a lot. As a mom i just want to wave my magic wand and make everything easier for him, you know? But he clearly doesn't even need me to. He's doing it. And he seems much happier with himself too. That's what i want to see. Him living a happy and fulfilling life.Anyway, that's enough of my rambling. Feel free to brag about your kiddos too. Big or little, it's all important. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2TLQBft

No comments:

Post a Comment