Sunday 31 March 2019

Child with cancer and coping with alcohol


Burner account.My third child was born on the first of March via unplanned c section (two weeks early). Within 6 hours, they were diagnosed with lukemia and sent off to the regions best pediatric oncology center. So far everything is going “as planned” and they are responding to treatment very well.I understand everything that is going on and am dealing with it as best as I can. It has been long enough where things are starting to “normalize”. I go to the hospital on certain days, my wife on others, things are becoming organized and we are handling everything in stride.I am finding that my inability to deal with the general anxiety of our situation is leading me to drink more than I typically do. It is still restrained to the weekends, and does not interfere with my work week, but I don’t necessarily like that I am drinking to get some “peace”. I feel like this is leading down a road to alcohol abuse, but quite frankly i am pretty ignorant on the subject.Any opinions/thoughts would be helpful.If someone knows a better subreddit for this, please let me know (or repost it there for me, I’m clearly not caring about karma here).Thanks everyone! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2uDtw4z

No comments:

Post a Comment