Wednesday 27 March 2019

Anyone have more children after a traumatic birth or a postpartum mood disorder? Tell me your stories


I have a 2.5 year old, I developed PPD and PPA with a lot of PTSD symptoms after a slow going several day inducement where I didn't respond to the drugs that ended in a vacuum delivery resulting in a 3rd degree tear.... I'm starting to get fits of baby fever despite that though, my husband quite frankly i think would start trying the minute I give the okay, even the PPD I think I could prepare myself for but the birth....oh god the birth. The breastfeeding, pregnancy as much as I disliked it, sleep deprevation, I worked overnights for years baby bring it on but if it wasn't for my supposedly magical amount of colostrum and a wonderful post birth high I don't think i could ever bear the possibility of it again...and I'm terrified of a c section because my breastfeeding success really helped me bond during my depression and self doubt.....I'm sorry if I'm rambling but i have a lot of feelings about the whole thing. I'm also planning on calling a local perinatal psychiatrist in the morning for an appointment if anyone has some advice about that! Any is appreciated via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2UVOcQC

No comments:

Post a Comment