Friday 29 March 2019

My son was punched in the face today by a kid who mistakenly thought my son was friends with kids who picked on him. I was not notified and my son had to miss afternoon recess.


My 7 year old (first grade) was playing on the playground during recess. They have before school recess and lunch recess. This was before school recess. My son was/is friends with one boy a lot of kids pick on. My son was playing with one of the boys who picks on the bullied kid. The bullied kid came up to my son and asked him why he was friends with the other boy. My son said he wasn't friends with him but they needed someone else for their game. The other boy called the bullied kid a name and the bullied kid punched my son in the face without any warning. My son was sent to the nurse because his lip was bleeding.My son walked home from school and when he came in the door I noticed his lip. I asked what happened and he said that he was punched in the face. He's been home for an hour and still no call from the school about the incident but my son said that he, the bullied kid, and the other boy were all made to miss lunch recess. He has a note stating the he had to miss recess because he was involved in an altercation but they said my son wasn't at fault. We know the bullied kid and I asked his mom what her son's story was. She said that her son got mad and hit without thinking. He's not suspended.Am I wrong for being pissed about this situation? I didn't get any call to explain what happened from the school, my son was punished for being punched, and the other kid isn't being disciplined beyond lunch detention for punching my son. Am I too into mama bear mode? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ux14kN

No comments:

Post a Comment