Saturday 30 March 2019

My wife and I were thinking about moving to a different country after our twins move out for college. Is this completely selfish?


My wife and I have 3 kids and live in Washington state. The oldest is 20 and is attending college in California. My daughter got accepted to her top choice school in California a couple days ago and my other son is committed to a university in Idaho for sports. Our daughter's safety school was in Washington but she's going to be attending her top choice. None of our kids will be in Washington come September.My wife is originally from Australia and we have always wanted to move back. We were considering selling the house and moving there at the end of this year since all of the kids will be out of the house anyway. I was talking to a friend about our plans after our kids graduate and she said it sounded awfully selfish. We are funding their tuitions and give the oldest money for his apartment since he doesn't live on campus (not enough space for everyone) and will probably do the same for our daughter after freshman year. Her twin brother is guaranteed four years of room and board with his scholarship. We are older parents. I'm 57 and my wife is 60. We are a close knit family and plan to visit but is it really that selfish to move forward with our lives as our kids do the same? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2HNH5Xt

No comments:

Post a Comment