Sunday 31 March 2019

I need some help with "parenting"


So as the title says I need some help.Because my father died some years ago and mom can't take care of my brother M[18], I M[22] must take care of his education in school, in a few months he is having a big exam at the end of highschool, I think outside my country is named "maturity exam". If he can pass it, he can go to college. I don't know how to make him understand how important is this exam. He lies to me constantly without any shame about studying and school(he intentionally misses some classes). Here is what I tried:-talking calmly with him about the importance of this exam-explaining to him that is not that hard to start studying(he studied very little in his life)-trying to motivate him with some things from the book Mini Habits-tried to keep a friendly relationship with him so he can see me as a brother that can talk too but I think he feares me because I m trying to make him study- making a study program, 3 hours daily after school(his ideea), but he didn't follow it-checking him a few days a week via phoneI m far from home and can't check if he is studying so recently I told him that I want him to say to me what did he studied alone for the exam but I bet he "forgot" it. One night when I was home, I think we had a brothers moment and I asked him nicely what is happening to him, he told me that he just can't study, don't know for sure if he is procrastinating or he doesn't want to, or both, or something else.I need some advice on how to help him, I know that I m putting a little pressure on him, I tried leaving him alone for 2 week to see what is doing, 6/7 days every evening goes to a pub. I think this is important: I m in college, final year and my family sometimes compares him to me, look where (me) is, you can be like him and something similar.Thank you for your time! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2V9Q7kz

No comments:

Post a Comment