Sunday 31 March 2019

I dont trust my stepson around my 8 month old baby


So my boyfriend and I have an 8 month old son together, he also has a 6 year old son from a previous relationship, and I have a 6 year old daughter from a previous relationship.My issue I have is that I don't trust my stepson around my 8 month old baby. I'm about 99% sure that he has ADHD, but he has never been formally diagnosed. I think he has ADHD because I have been around many kids who have ADHD, and he falls into almost every single symptom. I'm worried for my son's safety because my step son does not listen when I tell him not to do something. For example:he jumps all around the baby in the baby's play area and has come extremely close to falling directly onto his head. He has stepped on him and knocked him over many times.he tries to give my baby small objects constantly, and even tries to out things into my babies mouthhe is extremely loud around the baby and the baby gets scared all the timehe is rough with the baby's toys, always pushing them into him to push the baby over, or hitting him with themhe is also violent, always punching the baby's toys, or making them fight.Now my boyfriend and I are on rocky terms right now because of many issues, to which my boyfriend said he doesn't want to hear me complaining about anymore, so I stopped. BUT this one I just can't let go of. I can't stop worrying about leaving my baby with him, and my stepson. He doesn't discipline him at all, and he also doesn't remove him from the area, he removes the baby from the babies play area. He also has claimed that I am "mean" and "targeting" "his son" whenever I say anything about his behavior. His behavior is also bad with the other kids in the house, and he is a bully at school.It has become so stressful for me when he is around because I can't even leave my baby to play with his toys and fix him lunch, or tidy up a few things without worrying about him being violent.Also I know some people will say this is how 6 year olds are blah blah, but I have a 6 year old daughter, and my 6 year old neice also lives with me, and neither one of them are like this around the baby. My daughter actually saved my baby from eating a piece of Lego that my stepson was trying to feed to the baby.I don't know how to approach my boyfriend about the safety of our baby without completely insulting his parenting. I don't want my boyfriend to feel like I don't want "his son" around the baby, I just want him to step up as a dad, and enforce the rules with my stepson instead of immediately turning on me like I'm just targeting him.Am I being irrational? How should I approach him about this? Thanks anyone who offers advice. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2I3gll6

No comments:

Post a Comment