Saturday 30 March 2019

I’m So Frustrated With My Wife Over Elementary School Choice


My wife, my 2.5 yr old son, and I are in the market for our first home. We just finished a huge fight because she wants to send our son to poorly rated school in order to buy a nicer house. I know test scores aren’t everything, but this school, and others she’s mentioned, performed in the bottom 10% of elementary schools in KENTUCKY. That’s pretty fucking bad. They also sit in the bottom 10% in progress. I haven’t said this, but I think she’s being really selfish and I think she blew up at me today because she knows it. I couldn’t care less about the house I live in. I just want it to keep my stuff dry, be safe, and have enough resale value to get my money back if I have to jet. I even said, “This doesn’t have to be permanent. We can buy a house, aggressively pay down the principal, rennovate it over time, then try to upgrade to nicer place when we have some equity built into it.” But that’s not good enough. She says that elementary school doesn’t matter all that much and that we can supplement going to one of the worst schools in one of the worst states for education. I think elementary school is the most important section of an academic career. Plus, it’s going to be his whole life for 6 or 7 years. My son didn’t ask to be born. We made him without any consent. He deserves better than that. I at least want him to go to a school that is just average. Am I wrong here? Obviously, this is one side of the story, but fuck if I’m not tired of this shit.TL;DR Wife wants to send 2.5 yr old son to a crap elementary school so we can afford a bigger and better house. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2TGucA8

No comments:

Post a Comment