Thursday 28 March 2019

Amy advice on talking to a toddler about losing a pet?


My son is turning 2 in a couple weeks and is smart but doesn't have alot of words. He is totally obsessed with my 14year old dog, everything he talks about includes Sadie (my dog). First thing when he wakes up, "Sadie?" Anytime he sees another animal its "sadie, sadie, sadie". So now we are hitting alot of major health issues and I'm not feeling optimistic. Today we had to take her in for some more tests and leave her there for a few hours. When my son realized she wasnt coming with us, he lost it, screaming for sadie and holding onto the door of the vet. She hasnt been eating and I know her days are numbered, how do you tell your 2 year old his best friend isnt coming home? Is there a book I can read to help us through this? Any advice is welcome. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2uvBigF

No comments:

Post a Comment