Friday 29 March 2019

Dealing with sadness surrounding a sibling leaving for college.


My daughter got accepted into her dream school yesterday. It was a dream school for a reason and we never expected her to get accepted. We are of course overjoyed and she is still weighing her options, but the dream school is on the other coast. I have two younger kids (13 and 11). All of my kids are super close and the older one told me on the way to school today that he hopes his sister falls in love with one of her other options because he doesn't want her to go that far away. We talked about how it's okay to be sad but he should also be happy for his sister. He said it's hard to be happy knowing she's leaving.I'm guessing this is normal but I celebrated the day my brother left for college. Is there anyway to make the transition easier for the you her siblings or do you wait it out? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2JTfJ47

No comments:

Post a Comment