Sunday 31 March 2019

Failing mom


Hello, all. I’m a mother to my two year old son and lately I’ve been overcome with the feeling like I am failing as his mom. It started when he was diagnosed with a speech delay in December of 2018 and he began speech therapy in late February this year. I feel like I’m not benefiting him. At all. I’m constantly drowning in school work (I am a SAHM). So it seems like all day he is just playing alone with his toys and his speech hasn’t improved at all. Before, he would say “mama” all day long and now I can’t get it out of him. At this point it’s getting harder and harder to get out of bed in the morning. I’m scared that I’m losing my will to take the time to help my son learn the language out of my own selfishness. I love my son so much but I hate that he’s not talking. I really hate that he can’t tell me what he needs. Every time I sit down to try floor time with him and he brings me toys to play with and I try to talk non stop and engage him in mimicking me but it won’t work. I feel so frustrated with myself for not having the patience with my son. It feels like I wasn’t meant to be a mom at all. Are there any other parents that feel/felt this way? How did you get past this? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2JVKSEf

No comments:

Post a Comment