Wednesday 27 March 2019

Anyone Else Get “touched out”? How Do You Deal With It?


I spend all day with my 2.5 year old daughter. I adore her and most the time we are good. She’s in that stage with me where she is constantly pushing and pulling on me, climbing on me, putting her feet on me and pushing on me etc... she’ll put her body between me and the counter and push me away while I’m making food... most of the time I redirect her and off she goes but it’s all day everyday and towards the end of the day I’m so overwhelmed I’m ready to have my own meltdown when she just doesn’t want to listen. It’s just her and I, there is no partner to pass her off to. I’ve been reaching the end of my rope and having little outbursts. I just bark at her to stop instead of nicely asking her or end up taking away whatever toy she’s shoving in my face or pushing me with. It obviously hurts her feelings when I do this and her little head falls and she runs to her room. I feel super bad about it, but I’m only human and we all have our limits. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Fvqww0

No comments:

Post a Comment