Sunday 31 March 2019

Love child from a previous relationship, how do I act further?


So we splitted before the kid was born. Now the mother is questioning me whether I would like to be in contact with the kid early in its infancy. Basically trying to seal a "from now on or never" deal with me, to not "traumatize the kid later" if I suddenly decide to get to know the kid at a later stage in our lives. I could not handle the mother, but I wish nothing but the best to the kid, as to all other human beings, may be a tad more. But I do not know what would be a better course of action here: eradicate myself from kid's life completely, leaving a void, allowing the mother to bend the story, or do skype-parenting playing a mentor? we are in different countries, physical contact won't happen.​This all is next-level stuff for me, please pour in your thoughts gently. Thanks.​ via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2WvFRU0

No comments:

Post a Comment