Thursday 28 March 2019

I think that I just broke my 10year old daughters spirit 😞


For the past few months my children have been loosing teeth and the good old tooth fairy has been depositing coins in exchange for their pearly whites.My eldest 10 year old daughter came to me this morning and was telling me that she knows that I am the tooth fairy. (BTW has been happening for the past 6 months and I was sure that she already knew the truth).In the past I have always denied that I was however she was adamant that she knew, so I let her in on the secret and for a moment she was fine but the next conversation went down hill....Daughter: So that means that the Easter bunny and Santa are not real?Me: (flabbergasted and perpetually tired) ah “daughter” yes that’s correct they are not really real.Daughter: Bursts into tears.It is precisely this time that my 8 year old daughter walks into the room asking what is going on to which I let the 8 year old know that her sister is a little upset.Now I have to have the conversation with the 10 year old to ensure that she doesn’t tell her younger sister and ruin it for her (digging a deeper hole).I guess in my eyes I have known that a good percentage of kids at her school have already known this however I feel so bloody bad for setting her up like this as I thought that she was emotionally ready for the truth and to put it bluntly I feel like a shitty parent for introducing these fantasies then pulling the rug out from her (so to speak).Is there anything I can do or say that will help her process this in a positive way? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2CJskkt

No comments:

Post a Comment