Monday 29 October 2018

When/do you get over the feeling that your kid is destined for greatness?


My daughter is almost 3. I guess I must still be in some parenting honeymoon phase because I constantly think that she is destined for greatness. For example when she learned to ride a bike I thought to myself, wow so this is how Olympic gold medalists get their start. When she asks me to read her a bedtime story I think, wow the future President of the United States wants me to read her another book, so I probably should. When she climbs jungle gyms at the park I think, yeah this is probably going to come in handy when you become the first person to visit Mars. When she sings, I imagine her performing in some royal symphony orchestra. Am I crazy or do all parents imagine their kids this way for a while? When does this feeling go away and when do you accept your kid as a regular person who will grow up to be an average joe? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ze6DGO

No comments:

Post a Comment