Saturday 27 October 2018

My 11 year old son is “that guy”


Oh man. I don’t even know how to write this without sounding like the worst father in the world. Needless to say that my wife and I love our son (only child for now) more than the world itself, but my heart kind of broke a little bit today when I saw my son being made fun of by other kids at his baseball practice.My son has always been pretty smart (like every parent says), and he’s always telling us things he learned. I’ve loved listening to it because having a child who loves to learn is every parent’s dream. Well, when he’s around his peers, it turns out he’s “that guy.” I don’t really know how to describe it other than “well, accctuuuaaallyy..”The last thing I want to do is dissuade my son from his love of learning, but I also want to teach him that even when the other person is wrong, sometimes it’s easier to just let it be. I guess the problem is that it’s such a nuanced part of social interaction that I just don’t know how to teach him via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2PpsViF

No comments:

Post a Comment