Tuesday 30 October 2018

My child is in a facility and about to come home, help?


This has been a complicated 2 weeks so bear with me. My ex and I have been separated for 11 years and have a 13 year old.We separated due to his alcoholism and denial to seek help. He has always drank to excess and I found out recently he has abused our child during her custody visits. I have primary custody in PA. He has started experimenting with drugs, or doing something illegal, because he was forced into rehab by his employer 2 weeks ago.Our child did not have a real chance to say goodbye. She started lashing out (on me mostly). She came home from school angry every day and told me she hates me and my house and it's my fault her dad is "sick". She also blames herself for his abuse and will not tell me what happened.Her father left rehab early after 1 week and demanded to see her immediately. She saw he was still out of his mind on my front porch and was acting erratic. He didn't even go home first.That night, our child slit her wrists at my house. She was screaming about school the next day and told me she was going to skip the entire week of school because she hates her life. I called 911.Now, my child is in a psych ward. At the hospital, she admitted to staff dad has abused her physically and emotionally while drunk. CPS is now involved.My ex couldn't handle the stress of her being away and the investigation so he went straight back to drugs/alcohol. He was required to submit urine tests and failed.He is now back in another detox/rehab facility. No contact allowed with him and I guess I have full custody (?). He had a friend tell me he was back in rehab 2 days after arrival.Our child is to be released into my care tomorrow. When I went to visit her last night, she told me the first thing she plans on doing is skipping school. She does not want to switch schools either, just wants to quit because she "shouldn't have to go" and her "life is too hard".I have not told her her father has relapsed.On top of all this, I have just graduated college and started a new job. My employer has worked with me through the emergency. I have been informed by the hospital I can not leave our child home alone as she is a suicide hazard so I can not go to work. There is no way I can just "take a month off". I will probably lose my job. My ex is not working, so child support will soon stop.I have consulted a lawyer and they want $250 just to speak to me for an hour. Yes, this is with legal aid. I have nowhere to turn and am starting to feel stressed.Has anyone ever been in a situation like this? I am a single parent. My ex refuses to tell me what drugs he is on and my child refuses to tell me how he has hurt and abused her. CPS won't relay any information and I think I need to know.Any help appreciated. I know this was a lot to read. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2zaBow6

No comments:

Post a Comment