Monday 29 October 2018

Teenager has a question about parenting


Hello all, i am a freshman in high school and i have some strict parents i need advice on. Since middle school, they have expected no less than a 90 on any summative grades and in high school, the expectation is now a 93 and higher. I understand they want me to get a 93 and higher for the 4.0 GPA (and if it is an honors class, it boosts to a 4.3), but every time i dont get a 93 or higher, i lose every piece of technology i own until the grade goes up plus 1 week to make sure all grades stay the same. It also doesnt help my whole school is 80% indians (not trying to be racist, I have indian friends). My parents expect me to be as smart as them for some reason. if i did not get a 90+ on every class i got at the end of the year, they would enroll me in my same math class (in my case, Geometry in my rising 8th grade year) over the summer without any technology and i would be monitored by them to make sure i wasnt doing anything besides my math. Phone, laptop, TV, Google Home, etc. The new year, my school system started to give all grades Chromebooks to work at home on work teachers post on google classroom. They are taking my school owned chromebook for my school work and dont care what my teachers say. What should i tell my teachers when they tell us to take out our Chromebooks to play kahoot and i cant? "sorry i cant work to improve my grade with in class activities because my device was taken". My teachers dont even put grades in consistently, so im stuck for months without a new grade until the last few days of the quarter, and by that time, i cant even see what i got wrong and fix it for the next assessment on the unit. Anyways, when i try to talk with them about it, they say i am giving them excuses. I was IQ tested when i was 6 and got a 142. They are acting like i should get all 100s with that. on the other side of things, I am in 2 academic classes (other 2 classes being honors classes without clowns in them) with one individual who has a habit of calling me names. my natural reaction is to say shut up, teacher doesn't hear either of us talking until one day, all he hears is me saying shut up. He calls my parents stating that i am a disturbance and being rude to my classmates. My parents talk to me for a long period of time about enrolling me in military school. i know many many kids who have gotten suspended for very bad things they did and there punishment was nothing like considering military school. Im afraid military school is not right for me, i am a very indoor kind of person, i do things like program apps, websites, make things with raspberry pis, etc. I also am in a very high level math and science for my age and i dont know what math they teach at military schools, but it wont be as good as what im learning at the highest income county in the United States. I am open to any suggestions to what i should do as i have been living in a state of stress for a long 4 years and i am not sure how to confront my parents given the circumstances given to you. Thank you all for your support and i look forward to your guys responses. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2AzDgjS

No comments:

Post a Comment