Wednesday 31 October 2018

My kindergartener is being bullied and it has his father and I on edge.


My five year old has been being bullied since the start of the school year. It’s been the same movie style elementary school bullying where one kid chases the other, taunting, throwing kick balls as hard as he can into my son’s face. At one point he chased my son face first into a pole. There have been meetings between my son’s father and the principle. My ex husband volunteers at the school frequently and has personally seen the bullying. But today my ex husband was pretty alarmed.Today my kids’ school had a fall festival party. Many of the students had their parents there. My ex husband was volunteering again and so had to interact with a lot of the parents. This boy had his grandparents there (parents not (really) in the picture). His grandparents kept giving my ex husband dirty looks and acting very...weird. But the biggest thing: earlier today my son’s teacher told my ex husband that she heard the bullying boy tell my son that his dad was going to beat up my son’s dad.I do not have custody of my kids and I work two jobs so I don’t get to participate as much as I’d like in my kids’ school activities. I don’t know if this boy’s grandparents have been spoken with about their grandson’s behavior. Coincidentally enough, shortly after my ex husband and I split up, I dated this boy’s father. I’ve seen the way he treated his son, one of many reasons that relationship ended as quickly as it began. I’m sure this boy has suffered some disorganized parenting, and his mom is not in the picture at all. Either way, I don’t want my son going through this crap at freaking five years old. How can we handle this? I’m afraid it’s going to escalate further and quite honestly I don’t want my son in the same class as this kid. Is moving him out the right thing to do? The bullying will likely continue during recess so to me that doesn’t seem like the best option. Any advice or personal stories are much appreciated. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2yKtBG5

No comments:

Post a Comment