Wednesday 31 October 2018

11 year old still having tantrums


Seeking support/ similar situations. Have an 11 year old who, from birth, has been challenging. We started counseling about 2 years ago and recently began her on some mood regulating medication (called lamictal). She says she is unhappy and drepressed and flies into rages at the drop of a hat. Always focused at me - primary caregiver. She says awful things to me - screaming and crying - these can last 30 minutes. I don’t usually yell back - i tell her i will talk to her when she is calmer. I have certainly shouted and told her to stop before though. She is always regretful and says she is sorry. But it is happening almost every day - usually over not getting what she wants. When she is getting her way she is happy and cheerful. But correct her or take her phone and all hell breaks loose. She doesn’t do this at school or with friends.I feel like i can’t do anything right and the therapy isn’t helping. She doesnt use anything they discuss. She just screams and cries at me.I can’t imagine what is going to happen at teenage years.Anyone have any advice ? I am willing to try almost anything.Thanks. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2QcYHNj

No comments:

Post a Comment