Wednesday 31 October 2018

Sick kids on Halloween


I have three kids, ages 5, 3, and 2. Yesterday at noon I got the call to come pick my 5 year old up from school. Her teacher wasn't totally sure if she was faking or sick, but she thought she was sick. As soon as we got home my 5 year old laid down in her sister's bed, too tired to climb into the top bunk, and then an hour later she puked. Good call, teacher! This morning she is feeling a lot better but she still has diarrhea. And this morning, her two year old brother is also sick. My three year old seems healthy as a horse and is in high spirits, excited for trick or treating.​I'm a little overwhelmed with two sick kids (and one boisterous healthy one) and am having trouble figuring out what to do about Halloween. I don't want the five year old over exerting herself, and I also don't want her spreading the illness all over the neighborhood. The two year old doesn't really have a clue about what is happening today so he will go along with whatever. The three year old could go trick or treating alone with dad, which seems like the right choice because she's not sick and there's no need for her to miss out, but that will make the five year old feel even worse about staying home.​I'm sure other people have had sick kids on Halloween. I appreciate your thoughts about the best way to celebrate while letting everyone recover from illness and contain the germs. Thank you!​​ via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Q7vAL9

No comments:

Post a Comment