Wednesday 31 October 2018

Changing our kid's name. Is this crazy?


My wife and I feel so horrible.We are thinking of changing our 3mo's name. We've been testing out another name since we got home. My wife wasn't ready to choose a name at the hospital and got pressured into it. With the lack of sleep and the high pressure situation, it was just a bad call to see if we could pick a name at the hospital and I am so sorry I didn't realize that. She's been in tears since. She really wanted another name for our daughter and wasn't thinking straight. I didn't recognize this at the time and I feel responsible.Be honest. Would you think we are crazy if you knew us? IS this crazy? We're really struggling with the decision. She especially feels horrible that the kid would have an amended birth record and that this is part of the kid's "story" now. But she's cried so much over the original name that it's kinda been ruined for both of us. And she feels super guilty about that too, I think, or at least she's expressed how bad she feels about it. Just a crap situation. She called the state and apparently we just need to send in a form and it's done.Has anyone known someone who's done this before?Would you guys raise an eyebrow if you heard of someone doing this? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2RrecRJ

No comments:

Post a Comment