Monday 29 October 2018

Am I expecting my kids to be too independent?


My children are son (14), daughter (12). My expectation for grades is 80%, as a minimum. In saying that, if either of my kids feel they can achieve this grade without studying- then by all means don’t study. Why waste your time.But if they chose to not study and get below a 70%, they lose their phones, data, Netflix, etc for a week. Grades between 70-80% are discussed by a case by case basis. (For example if they studied, put in a solid effort, and just struggle in that area then I wouldn’t take extras away).My friends made comments that it’s a lot of pressure for my kids to determine if they need to study and how they test their own kids before exams and if they feel they’re not ready enough for a test they study with them, etc.What does everyone else do for tests and grades for their kids? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Aypmym

No comments:

Post a Comment