Monday 29 October 2018

16 year old daughter...grabs keys to Mom’s car on a Friday night.. takes off.


First time post, and looking for feedback on how to address this scenario.This past Friday, my daughter asks to borrow the car to spend the night at a friends house. I said no since her and I have not sat down in a mature setting to discuss a parent/teenager driving Agreement that I found on the web. It laid out many scenarios for discussion and had a place for both parties to initial each segment of the driving agreement.My wife and I were hosting a small gathering at our house, so I was preoccupied to notice that she was gone. I assumed her friend came to pick her up.What actually happened is she went into My wife’s purse, took the keys, drove off, then texted my wife saying she has the car and she made up her OWN driving agreement. That consisted of a 2 sentence pledge to be careful on an index card.The next morning I found out about this and was very upset. So... reaching out to parents who have teenage drivers, what are your thoughts and what would be a proper disiplinary action for this situation? Thank you in advance for your comments! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2RmX27N

No comments:

Post a Comment