Tuesday 30 October 2018

My child is overweight. I need help.


I am posting for some advice; not to hear about my bad parenting or what my child is or isn't. I am aware of the situation, and do not need the reddit police to judge my child.I am on the Keto diet (Female, 5'6", SW: 227lbs, CW: 208lbs, GW:130lbs). Under my supervision my 3 year old does not eat processed meats, sugar or carbs (except once a week when it's pasta night). She doesn't consume rice, potatoes, weiners, sausages or deli meats. While I have achieved avoiding those, she does consume full fat dairy so I know I have to be careful with her portions. I drink only water or green tea; she's allowed milk, water or a small cup of diluted juice (60% juice/40% water) once a day. As for fast food, we have a budget of $40 to eat out once a month if we're invited (and we are). Our budget is typically limited and tight every month so I have to be careful what we purchase.I do not alleviate my responsibility as a parent or excuse it, but my SO feeds her differently and so do her grandmothers. She is absolutely not allowed chips, chocolate, candy or pop; all of them know this. Portioning is 10% fruit, 50% veggies, 40% protein. When with her dad or her grandparents it's 20% carbs, 40% veggies and 40% protein. At least that's what our Doctor is telling me. I know portions are everything, but our girl eats 3 moderate meals a day and gets 2 snacks. She eats dinner at 4:30PM or 5:00PM, has a snack no later than 7PM, and is in bed by 8:00 until 6:30AM almost everyday.Her veggies include but are not limited to: Carrots, turnips, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, eggplant, squash, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, peas, green beans, sugar snap peas, corn, red and green cabbage, romaine/iceberg lettuce, sweet potatoes. I cannot eat some of these, but I cook her some.Her fruits include but are not limited to: Apples, oranges, pears, raspberries, kiwis, blackberries, bananas. I also cannot eat theseI cannot supervise her 100% of the time. I have to look after myself, run errands (99% with her but she does stay with her dad sometimes), spends one night with her eldest grandmother and one night with her other grandma. This is where it gets complicated. While I can advise them not to over feed our child, I cannot stop them. Folks are saying to get upset, to argue and fight to get them to change but I am not about to cause a stir especially when they won't budge. I have tried and even lessened what I feed our daughter, but when she says "I'm hungry" I'm not about to deny her.We go to Parent and Tot sessions together 5 times a week, go for two walks everyday (I have to walk 10,000 steps or more a day), swimming 3 times a week, visit the library often and play with her toys. She gets 30 minutes of Barney or Sesame Street before bed as calm down time.I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. What can I do different? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2P1xUGS

No comments:

Post a Comment