Wednesday 31 October 2018

When (and how) to report to CPS


I'm going to try to stay as vague as possible in this post as I know this person is on Reddit.I attend a community college class with a woman who we will call "Jane". Jane is very open about her life and talks a lot about her personal issues. She has a 4 year old daughter who she often tells me about. Some of the things she's shared have been a bit disturbing and are starting to make me think I should call CPS. I do not want to cause problems and Jane is a very nice person in general but I can't stop the nagging feeling that some of her negligence may be considered abuse. I want to know if other people here think I'm being overly concerned/nosy and wether or not I should report these things because I'm just going by what Jane has shared with me verbally. I also would like to know how I can report anonymously if I need to do so.1) Jane states that her daughter sleeps on a inflatable pool raft that is covered in food stains with no sheets. She said it's "easy this way". She talks about how her kid eats on it all the time so it's covered in filth and she's grossed out by it. I specifically asked about sheets and she said that she doesn't use them because he daughter just takes them off.2) Jane's boyfriend is home with the child all day and he hates changing diapers so the child has horrendous diaper rash. Yes, this child is 4 years old and in diapers still. Again, this is all information Jane has volunteered.3) The child exclusively eats fast food that can be purchased from "value menus".4) The child does not see a doctor regularly or maybe at all. Jane has told me her daughter doesn't have health insurance so she is missing vaccines and doesn't visit the doctor when sick.Is this CPS worthy? I don't want to get anyone in trouble unnecessarily.Edit: I'd like to mention that the stories/way she talks about her home lead me to believe it's quite dirty but I don't know the extent seen I've never seen it and I'm not sure a "regular" dirty home is abuse. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2PssSmr

No comments:

Post a Comment