Tuesday 30 October 2018

When did you start allowing video games? How do you prevent an obsession?


I grew up in an anti video game family and never had any problems with the rule. Video games never interested me. I now have 3 kids. My boys are 4 and 7. My daughter is 1.We don't own a gaming system and never really planned to buy one. We are fortunate enough to live in a great weather area with a bunch of kids so my boys are always outside playing with friends. Sometimes they'll escape to a friends house and some of their friends have gaming systems. The oldest has played a little bit and has talked about it but hasn't asked for his own system or computer games or anything like that. The youngest hasn't played yet even at friends houses.The boys play sports throughout the year and we believe it's important to stay active. We also have screen time limits but we are looking into a medical diagnosis for the younger one that may require him to get treatment for and the treatment can last a few hours. That kind of lead us down the road of looking into video games so the boys can play will he gets treatment but I feel like 4 is so young.I don't have much experience with this and my husband doesn't either. I hear so many horror stories about kids becoming addicted. How did you prevent that from happening? Is 4 too young? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2RpgT6e

No comments:

Post a Comment