Sunday 28 October 2018

My kids don’t want to go to their dad’s anymore


Our kids are 11 and 12. Their dad moved 45 minutes away, out in the country. There’s nothing to do and the house is “dingy” —their words. It’s an older house that he’s fixing up. There’s nothing unlivable or unsafe about it.Before he moved there, he was living in the neighborhood we lived in since they were born. They have tons of friends in that neighborhood and they all played together often.Anyway, they hate his house and don’t want to go over there every other weekend like they’re supposed to.They want to stay at my house and it’s put me in such a tough spot. I hate forcing them to go somewhere they don’t want to go but I rely on those weekends to get stuff done and recharge.If I tell them I have stuff to do, they promise they’ll leave me alone all weekend if I let them stay. I let them stay and of course they do bother me, begging for rides to a friends or money for the ice cream man.Their dad knows the issue and tries to plan something fun for them to do but he can’t take them places every single day every weekend they are there.Is it wrong for me to force my kids to go to his house even though I know they will be bored and unhappy? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2CKkfwI

No comments:

Post a Comment