Sunday 28 October 2018

How do you all handle the extracurriculars? My kids keep starting sports or music lessons and don’t want to continue. Better to force it until they get better and may like it more or let them try everything until they find what they enjoy?


My oldest is seven and he’s gone through a few sports and is currently very uninterested in his guitar lessons. Our kids always have to play one sport a season, but it doesn’t have to be competitive. We just want them to move. I guess my question is whether it’s better to let them try a lot of things to see if something clicks or for them to learn to work at something so they develop “grit” and get better at it and enjoy it more.Note: I think he’s very young to be playing at the competitive level I’ve seen where we live. I’m just trying to figure out how I want to deal with all the extra stuff. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2PmnAZJ

No comments:

Post a Comment