Monday 30 July 2018

Why does my son (8) give me hell but follow his father’s instructions like a soldier????


I spent the last week my husband was out of town fighting with my son. He almost never does anything I say and when he does it’s because I make him do it right then while I watch.He’ll argue with me (not anything wildly out of bounds like cursing or yelling or anything just arguing), he’ll try to get me to shut up by just saying “yes ma’am, yes ma’am, I got it.”, he’ll have an attitude if I make him do something.But his father walks in the door after talking to me about what happened through texts and phone calls, greets everyone and lightly says, “Son, go clean your room and tomorrow morning you’re cutting the grass. I’ll be up to check on your room in a half hour.”I walked by 10 minutes later and he’s damn near finished cleaning it. For goodness sake he has his clothes folded and ready to go in their drawers. I honest to God didn’t even expect that when I told him to clean.What is it about boys listening to their dads and fighting with their moms?? My husband and I don’t hit our children so it’s not that, neither of us is more a disciplinarian than the other, other than stuff like this we both have great relationships with him. I don’t get what’s happening.When I try to talk to him I have to fight with something else for his attention ( a game, his friends, the baby, the dog, whatever else he’s thinking about). I chalked it up to him being 8. But my husband talks to him? He listens like he’s sitting in front of Socrates.Why? Why does he treat us so differently? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Lze3NA

No comments:

Post a Comment