Sunday 29 July 2018

Painted my son's nails, my parents made a big fuss


I'm a SAHM and my husband drives truck and is gone two weeks at a time. My son, who's almost 3, very much acts like a boy pretty much from the get go. He's always liked "boy" toys (trucks, cars, trains, balls, etc), he's rough and tumble, even when cuddling to my dismay, loves metal music (rock on little man), already likes watching sports, and is rocking a mohawk currently.He's also rocking some dark green nail polish. I paint my nails pretty regularly and it never fails if I do it around him he'll ask for his too and I generally oblige using boyish colors like blue and dark greens.Yesterday we had family dinner with my parents and they threw a hissy fit. "That's NOT what boys do!" We're Christian and my mom even had the audacity to start talking about the bible saying there's supposed to be differences between men and women, as she was wearing PANTS. We're not normally what considered orthodox, we're non denominational so a statement like that kinda threw meI ignored them and will continue to paint his nails when he asks. But am I crazy for thinking in 2018 it's fine for boys to paint their nails? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2LATErK

No comments:

Post a Comment