Friday 27 July 2018

The dreaded “No” phase! BUT WAIT... There’s More!!


Hey y’all, I’m a single mom (32) of an absolutely brilliantly smart, kind, loving, adventurous & fearless 18 mo boy. He has been saying “No” for a while now, but for the most part he uses it appropriately. Other times it’s just an answer. He recently has started hitting me when I tell him not to do something or if I try to get him to eat a few more bites of food.I grew up getting popped, swatted and spanked. I will occasionally lightly pop him on his rear end if he hits me hard. The dilemma I’m facing is this: How do I reinforce that it’s NOT ok to hit when I’m also giving him a light swat?We are currently living with my parents and my mom (bless her heart) thinks I’m too easy on him because I want to do things a certain way. Before I had him I always thought I’d be fine spanking my kids. But I realized I don’t want to use negative behavior to enforce positive behaviors.HAAAAALP please!! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2AegRL1

No comments:

Post a Comment