Saturday 28 July 2018

I feel like a failure


Got a phone call yesterday from the hospital. The claims for my daughter’s birth and subsequent well-baby appointments were all returned, stating a lack of coverage. This shouldn’t be the case, as we have military insurance. She’s supposed to be covered for 90 until I get her enrolled. Which I did, or thought I did anyways.Apparently there’s two parts to the enrollment. And I only did one of them. I did that part within the 90 days. Not the second. When I was active duty the enrollment was automatic. Didn’t have to do anything for my first two kids. I guess the reserves is different, and I was supposed to do it myself.Now the insurance company won’t backdate anything. Yes, she would have been covered for the first 90 days. IF I had properly completed the enrollment process. The enrollment was completed 21 days past the window.Other than the reserves once a month, I’m a stay at home mom. I have one job. To take care of my kids. And now we’re looking at an $1800 hospital bill all because I couldn’t even manage to properly handle adding my daughter to our health insurance. $1800 I sure as hell don’t have. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2AieEOF

No comments:

Post a Comment