Saturday 28 July 2018

Parents of boys, do you believe in teaching your sons about periods? Why or why not?


This question is inspired by a comment in an earlier thread today. I didn't want to derail the thread so I figured I would post here.I have two sons and a daughter. The oldest is a teenager going through puberty and the younger two are preteens who haven't started puberty yet. All of them know about periods and have since they were little.I know some people don't believe in telling their boys about periods. My ex husband was so clueless and grossed out by periods and I didn't want that for my own kids regardless of their gender. It also made sex ed and puberty easier to explain when you don't have to hide a biological part of being a woman. I believe the user I responded to had little kids but, for those of you with kids older than toddlers, did you teach your sons about periods? Is it a bad idea to? I thought I was doing the right thing but now and questioning my judgement. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2OqS1KH

No comments:

Post a Comment