Saturday 28 July 2018

What’s the funniest thing your kid has done? I’ll go first.


Let me preface this with saying that my son is now 12.5 and still is one of the funniest people that I know. He has a quick wit and and a sharp mind.When he was a newly minted 3 year old, I was entering my 3rd trimester with his younger brother. Every Friday we went for lunch to Chick-fil-a as it was my main craving and he loved the play area. He had a habit of taking his socks off in the play area (you were supposed to take your shoes off) and I found it gross because of the sheer stickiness of the floor. This one particular Friday, I looked my precocious tot in the eye and said, “If you take your socks off, we are going straight home.” He knew I meant it, one thing I’m good at is punishment follow through. He smiled at me with a glint in his eye and said, “I won’t.”He climbed up the play set and about 3 minutes later slid down the slide. I saw his feet poking out, socks still in their place. Then came the rest of him without a stitch of clothing on. Semantics still remain his strong suit, I think he’ll be a lawyer. I completely lost it laughing until tears ran down my face. It wasn’t easy to convince him to go back up and get his clothes after seeing how much being naked made mommy laugh. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2OqwG4e

No comments:

Post a Comment